Sunday, April 6, 2008

3.6 Due on 4/6/2008

Difficult
In section 3.6, I tried to do the proofs for Theorem 6 to Theorem 9.  I used the hint from the top of page 91, so I had no problem doing the proofs except for Theorem 9 (Exponential Function).  I tried to do the proof by following the hint on the top of page 91, but I couldn't get the same result as the textbook.  So, can you show me how to prove Theorem 9 in class?

Reflective
As I read through this section, I tried to understand the definitions and the theorems as much as I can; I also tried to memorize all of them, although I am not sure if it's necessary to memorize all of them.  Also, as I read through the solution of the example, I understand that we can use the Multinomial Theorem to do this problem, but I am still a little confused about the solution.

No comments: